- Difficulty level: Easy
- Prep time: 60 min
- Cooking time: 30-35 min
- Strong wheat flour: 500 grams
- Dried yeast: 7 grams or 2 tsps
- Vegetable oil/ butter: 5 ml or 1 tbsp
- Salt: 1 1/2 tsps
- Sugar: 1 tsp
- Luke warm water: 300 ml (2 parts of cold water and one part boiling water)
- Tip the flour into a bowl and mix in the yeast with salt,sugar ,then add butter or oil. While stirring the mixture add luke warm water and bring the mixture together to make a soft dough.( dough is fairly sticky)
- Tip onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 mins. It is worth putting in the time to do this as it will pay off later with lovely airy bread. Shape the dough and leave it in the lightly greased bowl and cover it with cling film and a tea towel ,leave it to proof(rise) in warm place at least 1 hour.
- Once your dough has risen knock it back and knead again on lightly flour surface do not overdo. place it in a lightly greased (with butter) 2 lb loaf tin,cover and leave to rise about 30—45 min.
- Preheat your oven at 210C/190C fan/ and bake for 30-35 mins until golden.
- After its cooked take it out of the oven and whilst in the tin lightly brush top of your loaf with butter and cover it with tea towel and let it cool for 10 min.
- Top Tip:Don’t keep adding flour, a wet dough is better than a dry one, which will bake to a tough texture, so if you don’t like the dough sticking to your hands, lightly oil them.
- Top Tip: to check if loaf is done tap the base of the loaf it should sound hollow when fully cooked.
You May Also Like...
- Information Most of our Indian snacks are fried and time consuming. I was thinking of something quick,healthy and not only enjoyed by kids but Adults too.Try out the recipe and tell me what you think. Difficulty-Easy Preparation Time-10 mins Serves-4 Cooking Time-20-25 mins Ingredients Boiled Chickpeas -7 Fl oz(about…
- This is a perfect starter for any party. Savoury taste from yoghurt and crunchiness from cheese makes these kebabs absolute delight.Serve with basil dip. Difficulty-Medium Preparation time-20 min Makes-6 Ingredients Greek Yoghurt-220 gms Grated cheddar cheese-30 gms Finely chopped onion-1/2 (medium) White bread slice-2 (crumbed) Gram Flour(Besan)- 40 gms Oil-7…
- This is a brilliant dish to use your left over bread and it will make a tasty breakfast. Difficulty-Easy Preparation Time-25 min Cooking Time 25-30 min Serves-2-3 Ingredients Bread--8 slice Semolina-1/2 cup Beaten Yoghurt- 2-3 tspn Rice Flour-2 tsp Oil- 2 tbsp Mustard Seeds-1 tsp Onion- 1 medium Ginger chopped-1/2…