Simple and tasty chana dal with palak is perfect for kids its healthy and nutritious .
Preparation Time -15 min+ soaking time of 1 hr
Cooking Time-40 mins
Chana Dal-200 gms
Butter -1 tbsp
Tomato Medium- 2 to 3
Cumin Seeds-1 tsp
Chana Masala-1 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder-1 tsp
Red chilli powder-1 tsp
Wash and soak chana dal for 1 hr.
After the soaking time boil chana dal with little salt and turmeric.
In a separate pan heat 1 tbsp butter, add 1 tsp each of ginger and garlic.Now add washed spinach and cook until done.
Grind onion and cook in water till the rawness is gone and then add 2 tbsp of oil and cook till onion turns light brown in colour. Add rest of the ginger and garlic and cook further.
Grind the tomatoes and add to the onion mix. cook for 2-3 minutes
Now add cumin,coriander powder,chana masala,red chilli powder.
Add chana dal and spinach and cook 4-5 min on low heat .(add little water if the dal is too thick)
Serve with steamy white rice.
You May Also Like...
- Crispy from outside and just melt in mouth when you bite into. very healthy snack made from spinach ,lentils and peas. Difficulty-medium Preparation Time--15 mins Soaking Time-1 hr Cooking TIme-20-25 mins Ingredients Blanched Spinach- 1 cup Chana Dal-1/4 cup Boiled Green Peas-1/2 cup Grated Paneer -1/2 cup Oil-To deep…
- Healthy spinach cooked with Paneer humble and simple easy to cook and tastes delicious. Difficulty-Easy Prep Time-5 Min Cooking Time-20 min Serves-2 Ingredients Spinach-200 gms Paneer cut in cube - 50 to 75 gms Onion - 1 medium Tomato - 1 & 1/2 Ginger -1 inch Garlic-2 cloves Oil-6 tsp…
- Information Coconut chutney comes from south India where as green and sweet chutneys come from north.It is a great accompaniment with fried snacks like vada, as well as with steamed delicacies like idli, dosa and upma.It is very quick and easy recipe. Preparation Time: 10 min Difficulty: Easy Serves: 4-5…
- It is a combination of tangy and spicy chick peas with the fried bread called bhatura. Very famous dish from Punjab (India). Chole Difficulty-Easy Preparation Time-20 min+ soaking time Cooking Time-40-45 mins Serves-4-5 Ingredients Chick Peas-225 gms(7 Handful) Onion-2 Medium chopped Green Chilli-2 Red chilli powder-1 1/2 tsp Chana Masala-4…
- Sweet , spicy,nutty tangy flavoured onion and tomato chutney can be best accompaniment to south Indian breakfast. Difficulty-easy Preparation Time-5 min Cooking Time-15 min Serves- 3-4 Ingredients Onion- 1 med Tomatoes-3 med Channa Dal- 1 Tbsp Urid Dal- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds-1/2 tsp Garlic cloves- 3 Lemon Juice-1/2 lemon(as per…