- Difficulty level: Easy
- Cooking time: 30 min
- Serves: 3-4
- Red lentil: 1/2 cup
- Onion: 1 medium (chopped)
- Oil: 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder: 1/2 tsp or 1 green chili
- Tomato: 1 medium (chopped)
- Cilantro few spring
- Ginger & garlic paste: 1 tsp
- Salt: To taste
- Dry Mango powder (amchur): 2 pinch
- Garam masala: pinch and tad more (increase the quantity if you like bit more flavor)
- Lemon few drops
Wash the lentil through running water couple of times and then add 1.5 cup of water with turmeric powder and bring it to boil in a pressure cooker ( 2 whistles). If you are using a pan then add little more water cover and cook on low flame about 25 min or until done.
In a separate pan heat oil and cumin seeds let them splutter,then add onion and cook till translucent. Add ginger garlic paste and cook for a minute, then add red chili powder and tomato stir and cover the pan. Let the tomato cook till oil leave on the sides of the pan.
Along side heat dal (lentil) and add garam masala, amchur powder, salt and squeeze in lime bring to boil.
Now add the tempering with cilantro and serve hot.
You May Also Like...
- Information Sambar is a lentil based side dish, especially accompanied with plain rice. In south of India it is a staple diet, almost no day goes without it. It is normally very spicy but can be prepared in many ways. Difficulty level: Medium Cooking time: 40 min Vegetarian Serves: 4-5 Ingredients…
- Information Methi pulao (or Fenugreek fresh leaf pulao) is an Indian recipe. It is not only tasty but very nutritious pulao rice. It is very easy to make and packed with flavour. Difficulty level: Easy Cooking time: 40 min Vegetarian Serves: 3-4 Ingredients Rice: 1 cup (250 grams) Fresh…
- Dosa Recipe Information This is one of my all time favourite dish to eat Dosa for breakfast or snack or dinner!! it is a typical south Indian staple food and is very popular all over the world. These are savoury pancake made from rice and lentils and tastes more…