It is a famous dish from Rajasthan (India). Soft gram flour dumplings in rich yoghurt gravy.
Preparation Time-20 mins
Cooking Time-40 mins
Gram Flour (besan)-2 cups
Yoghurt- 2 cups
Tomato Puree-1 cup
Ginger-1/2 inch piece
Green chilli(grated)-1 no
Soda Bicarb-1/4 tsp
Red chilli powder- 1 tsp
Coriander powder-2 tbsp
Hing (asafoetida)- pinch
Turmeric- 1 tsp
Garam Masala- 1/2 tsp
In a bowl mix besan with 1/2 cup yoghurt,ginger,green chilli,salt,soda bicarb and little water knead well to make a hard dough. keep it aside.
In a pan boil 3 cups of water with salt and bring it to boil.
Meanwhile divide the gram flour dough in equal sized ball and roll it with hand in to a cylinder shape .not too thick.
Add these cylinder’s to the boiling water and cook for 10-15 mins. Drain and set aside.
For gravy, heat oil in a heavy bottom pan and cumin , hing,red chilli powder,coriander powder,turmeric and cook on medium heat until oil start separating.
Now add the tomato purée and mix ,now lower the heat whisked yoghurt and bring it to boil . Add garam masala,salt and gatte and continue cooking on medium flame until gravy thickens.
You May Also Like...
- This is a perfect starter for any party. Savoury taste from yoghurt and crunchiness from cheese makes these kebabs absolute delight.Serve with basil dip. Difficulty-Medium Preparation time-20 min Makes-6 Ingredients Greek Yoghurt-220 gms Grated cheddar cheese-30 gms Finely chopped onion-1/2 (medium) White bread slice-2 (crumbed) Gram Flour(Besan)- 40 gms Oil-7…
- This very spongy and yummy tea time snack originally from Indian state of Gujrat is made from chick pea flour and soaked in a lemon sugar syrup.Try it yourself,you will love it! Difficulty-Easy Preparation Time-5 MIn Cooking time-15 mins Makes -12 Pieces Ingredients Besan-1 Cup(Chickpea Flour) Turmeric-1/2 Tsp Sugar-2 Tsp…
- Information Khandvi is a savoury and a popular snack from the Indian state of Gujarat, India. It is primarily made of gram flour and yoghurt and tempered with mustard seeds. It is moderately difficult item to prepare! be patient, getting the right consistency of the batter is the key to…
- Introduction This finger licking recipe from our very own Punjab is fairly easy to make and has been appreciated a lot.In my initial days of exploring recipes to cook i stumbled across this recipe and just fell in love with Difficulty-Medium…
- This is a brilliant dish to use your left over bread and it will make a tasty breakfast. Difficulty-Easy Preparation Time-25 min Cooking Time 25-30 min Serves-2-3 Ingredients Bread--8 slice Semolina-1/2 cup Beaten Yoghurt- 2-3 tspn Rice Flour-2 tsp Oil- 2 tbsp Mustard Seeds-1 tsp Onion- 1 medium Ginger chopped-1/2…