It is a delightful cake, Very moist and zingy flavour form the oranges makes it perfect for any occasion.
Preparation Time-20 min
Cooking Time-40-45 mins
Plain flour-60 gms
Baking powder-1 tsp
Caster sugar-225 gms
Ground almonds-250 gms
Butter-250 gms(room temperature)
Grated zest of orange-1 tbsp
Eggs- 4 (medium at room temp)
Freshly squeezed orange juice-80 ml
Brown sugar-60 gm( I used dark brown sugar)
Marmalade-1 tbsp( warm)
Sliced almonds, toasted-Few
Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4.
Prepare a 7 inch (20 cm) and butter round cake tin.
Sift the flour, baking powder and sugar, and add the ground almonds.
Whisk the butter with the orange zest until pale, then add the eggs one at a time.
Now gently fold in the flour mix to the beaten butter egg mixture, Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin and bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 mins or until cooked.
Along side make a syrup by boiling the orange juice with the brown sugar. Leave to cool.
Once the cake is cooked, prick several times with a skewer and spread the cooled syrup.
Leave the cake to cool completely before brushing on a little warmed marmalade and sprinkling it with a few toasted, sliced almonds.
It is a adapted recipe and must try!
You May Also Like...
- Here comes a cake baked with paneer (cottage cheese/full flat cheese) and orange. The citrus taste make this cake different and the non paneer lovers will also enjoy. Ingredients Paneer/cottagecheese-200 gms (Grated) Orange Juice-3/4 cup Sugar-240 gms Baking Powder-2 Tsp Vanilla Essence -1Tsp Refined Flour(maida)-200 gms Eggs-3 Salt-1/2 Tsp Lemon…
- Information Enjoy this super cool and tasty drink at home Difficulty-Medium Preparation Time-10 mins Cooking Time-25 Mins Serves-6 Ingredients Strawberries chopped-250 gms Orange Juice-1 & 1/4 cup caster sugar- 1 & 1/4 cup Bottled Soda- 2 litres (chilled) Method In a pan combine Orange Juice,strawberries and sugar and stir…
- Enjoy the taste of this lovely, moist loaf cake with Apricots and walnuts. Difficulty -Medium Preparation Time-10-15 mins Cooking Time-40-50 mins Serves-10 mins Ingredients Apricots(roughly chopped)-185 gms Self-raising flour- 2 cups Bicarbonate of soda-1 Tsp Caster sugar-1 cuo Walnuts (chopped)- 1 Cup Egg- 1 Orange Juice- 1 Cup Butter- 60…
- Very moist chocolate cake baked with mayonnaise and layered with cream and more chocolate,yum!! Difficulty-Easy Preparation Time-25 min Cooking Time 25-30 min Serves-4-6 Ingredients All Purpose Flour-300 gms Caster Sugar-280 gms Cocoa powder- 55 gms or 4 tbsp. Baking Powder-1 Tbsp Eggs-3 large Mayonnaise-15 dollops Cold Water -200 ml Vanilla…
- For all the coffee lovers,this buttery yet very light sponge cake with rich coffee taste and walnuts is a must try . Difficulty-Medium Preparation-10 mins Cooking Time-20 -25 mins Serves -6 Ingredients For Sponge Self Raising Flour-175 gms Butter Softened-175 gms Eggs-3 Caster Suger-175 gms Baking Powder-1/2 tsp Instant Coffee…