Very moist chocolate cake baked with mayonnaise and layered with cream and more chocolate,yum!!
Preparation Time-25 min
Cooking Time 25-30 min
All Purpose Flour-300 gms
Caster Sugar-280 gms
Cocoa powder- 55 gms or 4 tbsp.
Baking Powder-1 Tbsp
Cold Water -200 ml
Vanilla Essence-1 tsp
Whipping Cream -150 ml
Icing Sugar-2 tbsp
2 dollops of Mayonnaise
Melted Plain chocolate -120 gms (approx.)
Pre heat oven at 180°C. Grease 2 sandwich tins approx. 23 cms with baking paper.
In a bowl sift Flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder.
In a separate bowl add eggs ,vanilla essence and caster sugar and whisk until light and fluffy. Gradually add 15 dollops of mayonnaise and gently blend in.
To the egg mixture add flour mixture and cold water one after other and fold gently till its evenly mixed.
Divide the mixture in equal proportions in prepared tins and bake for 25-30** min or until the cake springs back when gently pressed.
Leave the cake to cool
**note- All oven temperatures vary.
For Icing- Blend icing sugar with whipping cream and whisk till soft peaks. Spread 2/3 of whipped cream on one of the cake and cover with the other cake.
Melt chocolate . when its almost cool mix it with 2 dollops of mayonnaise and remaining whipped cream. Spread this evenly on top of the cake.
You May Also Like...
- Introduction Crunchy from outside and sticky from inside.Easy to make cookies at home .Children will sure love them! Difficulty-Easy Preparation Time-20 min Serves-10 cooking Time-11-15 min Ingredients Self-raising flour( sifted)-175 gms Chocolate Chips-50 gms Condense Milk- 85 gms Unsalted Butter(softened)-110 gms Caster Sugar-110 gms Method Preheat the oven to…
- It is a quick and simple recipe made with milk powder and chocolate . Difficulty-Easy Preparation Time-5 min Cooking time-8-10 min Serves-10 Ingredients Milk Powder- 4 cup Milk-1/2 cup Sugar- 1 cup Cooking Chocolate-300 gms Cardamom powder-1 tsp Ghee- 1 tbsp. Saffron-Few strands Water- 3/4 cup Method In a pan mix…
- Information This gorgeous and moist Chocolate Cake can be the base for many dessert.Get baking!! Difficulty-Easy Preparation Time-10 min Cooking time-50-55 mins serves -6-8 Ingredients Butter-85 gms Golden Syrup-2 Tbsp Vanilla Extract-1 Tbsp Self Raising Flour-300 gms Caster Sugar-100 gms Cocoa Powder-25 gms Bicarbonate of Soda-1 Tsp Method Pre…
- This no bake Egg less Rich chocolate brownie sinfully delicious and very easy to make Tea Time/Dessert. Serve it with a dollop of Ice cream. Difficulty-Easy Preparation time-10 Min Cooking Time-4 Min Serves-4 Ingredients All Purpose Flour or Plain Flour- 1/2 cup(125 gms) Walnuts (chopped)-1/4 cup Sour Yoghurt- 2 Tbsp(…
- Here comes a cake baked with paneer (cottage cheese/full flat cheese) and orange. The citrus taste make this cake different and the non paneer lovers will also enjoy. Ingredients Paneer/cottagecheese-200 gms (Grated) Orange Juice-3/4 cup Sugar-240 gms Baking Powder-2 Tsp Vanilla Essence -1Tsp Refined Flour(maida)-200 gms Eggs-3 Salt-1/2 Tsp Lemon…