This classic Indian sweet is one of the favourite on festive occasion. This easy to make recipe has few ingredients and tastes delicious.
Prep Time-5 Min
Cooking Time-20 min
Serves- 10 pieces
Milk powder- 1 cup
Double cream-1/2 cup
Sugar –65 gms (slightly powdered)
Cardamom-1/2 tsp (optional)
Pistachio for garnish
Soak saffron in milk and keep it aside
Heat a non stick pan on low heat add cream and milk powder, Mix it well the mixture will start getting soft consistency of thick batter as it gets warm.
Cook mixture on low medium heat stirring continuously until mixture becomes lumpy like soft dough, half way through about 7 mins add saffron milk mix and cardamom stir continuously. cook for further 8 min or until it is consistency of soft dough. Turn off the heat. Now this is known as khoya.
Transfer the khoya into a bowl and let it cool off until khoya becomes lukewarm.
Add the sugar into the khoya and knead it for about a minute until everything blends together and become soft dough.
Divide mixture in to 10-12 portions and roll it in to a ball between your palms and with your thumb make a small depression in the middle . With the help of fork make the design
Garnish with pistachios
Note: If you mix the sugar while khoya is hot that will make khoya soft and will not able to make peda.
You May Also Like...
- It is a very popular Indian dessert. It is a quick and simple recipe made with paneer and milk powder. Difficulty-Easy Preparation Time-5 min Cooking time-8-10 min Serves-20 Ingredients Grated Paneer (Indian cottage cheese)- 280 gms Milk Powder-1 cup or 250 gms Sugar-1/2 cup Milk (full fat)- 1/2 cup Ghee…
- Grainy and sweet this famous Indian barfi is very easy to make at home and will be an instant hit. Difficulty- Easy Preparation Time-5 min Cooking Time- 10-15 mins Serves- 24 Pieces Ingredients Milk Powder- 275 gms Condense Milk- 1 can (400 ml) Double Cream-300ml Pistachios- To decorate Method…
- It is a quick and simple recipe made with milk powder and chocolate . Difficulty-Easy Preparation Time-5 min Cooking time-8-10 min Serves-10 Ingredients Milk Powder- 4 cup Milk-1/2 cup Sugar- 1 cup Cooking Chocolate-300 gms Cardamom powder-1 tsp Ghee- 1 tbsp. Saffron-Few strands Water- 3/4 cup Method In a pan mix…
- Very traditional and popular dessert in Indian sweets . Originally made with solidifying milk and sugar on low flame and it takes long to attain the texture. My take on this popular dessert is quick and easy but not compromising on taste. Difficulty- easy Preparation Time-10 mins Cooking Time-15-20…
- Healthy spinach cooked with Paneer humble and simple easy to cook and tastes delicious. Difficulty-Easy Prep Time-5 Min Cooking Time-20 min Serves-2 Ingredients Spinach-200 gms Paneer cut in cube - 50 to 75 gms Onion - 1 medium Tomato - 1 & 1/2 Ginger -1 inch Garlic-2 cloves Oil-6 tsp…