This Yummy melt in mouth khus khus (Poppy seed ) Burfi is a sweet one can have anytime .This is my mum’s recipe and I just love it!!
- Preparation Time-4-5 hrs(soaking)
- Cooking Time- 60-80 mins
Poppy seeds(khus Khus)-100 gms
Ghee(clarified butter)-1 tbsp
Wash the poppy seeds couple of times and then soak in water for 4 to 5 hrs.
Drain and grind the seeds to a fine paste
Place a deep pan on medium heat and add milk and khus khus and bring it to boil .Turn the heat down a let it condense till its is pilable.
Add a tablespoon of ghee and sugar(as per taste) and mix well.
Grease a plate with ghee and spread the mixture a flatten to desired thickness with back of a bowl .cool and cut it in to shape
You May Also Like...
- It is a quick and simple recipe made with milk powder and chocolate . Difficulty-Easy Preparation Time-5 min Cooking time-8-10 min Serves-10 Ingredients Milk Powder- 4 cup Milk-1/2 cup Sugar- 1 cup Cooking Chocolate-300 gms Cardamom powder-1 tsp Ghee- 1 tbsp. Saffron-Few strands Water- 3/4 cup Method In a pan mix…
- It is a very popular Indian dessert. It is a quick and simple recipe made with paneer and milk powder. Difficulty-Easy Preparation Time-5 min Cooking time-8-10 min Serves-20 Ingredients Grated Paneer (Indian cottage cheese)- 280 gms Milk Powder-1 cup or 250 gms Sugar-1/2 cup Milk (full fat)- 1/2 cup Ghee…
- Healthy spinach cooked with Paneer humble and simple easy to cook and tastes delicious. Difficulty-Easy Prep Time-5 Min Cooking Time-20 min Serves-2 Ingredients Spinach-200 gms Paneer cut in cube - 50 to 75 gms Onion - 1 medium Tomato - 1 & 1/2 Ginger -1 inch Garlic-2 cloves Oil-6 tsp…
- This classic Indian sweet is one of the favourite on festive occasion. This easy to make recipe has few ingredients and tastes delicious. Difficulty-Easy Prep Time-5 Min Cooking Time-20 min Serves- 10 pieces Ingredients Milk powder- 1 cup Double cream-1/2 cup Sugar --65 gms (slightly powdered) Saffron-pinch Milk-1 tbsp. Cardamom-1/2…