This mix comes handy when you don’t have the time to make the batter from scratch . Follow the simple recipe for soft and fluffy Idlis
Preparation Time- 15 min
Cooking Time -15 -20 min
For the mix
Urid Dal- 1 Cup
Poha / Flatten Rice- 1/2 cup
Rice Flour– 2 cups
Salt – 1Tsp
Dry roast urid dal on medium flame for 2 min and keep it aside. Once cool grind it to a fine powder.
Dry roast poha for about a minute on low flame and keep it aside.Once cool grind it to a fine powder.
Dry roast rice flour on low flame for a minute
once everything cools down combine rice flour,urid dal, poha and salt give it a good mix. Your instant idli mix is ready
For Idlis from the mix
Yoghurt- 1/4 cup
water- 1/2 to 1 cup
salt -1/4 tsp
Eno Fruit Salt/ Baking powder-1/2 Tsp
In a bowl take 1 cup of idli mix and add yogurt mix well. Now add water to achieve the required consistency( thick batter).
Add 1/4 tsp salt and mix well. Leave it to rest for minimum of 30 min.
Now add 1/2 tsp Eno fruit salt or baking soda and mix lightly.
Pour the batter immediately onto greased idli plate and steam for 15- 20 min or until done.
serve it with the choice of your chutney.
You May Also Like...
- Sweet , spicy,nutty tangy flavoured onion and tomato chutney can be best accompaniment to south Indian breakfast. Difficulty-easy Preparation Time-5 min Cooking Time-15 min Serves- 3-4 Ingredients Onion- 1 med Tomatoes-3 med Channa Dal- 1 Tbsp Urid Dal- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds-1/2 tsp Garlic cloves- 3 Lemon Juice-1/2 lemon(as per…
- Introduction Tamarind Rice or Pulihogara/pulihora is very well known in south-India and is also served as prasadam in temples.I love this dish for its tanginess and for the fact its less on oil.Its quick, easy and very tasty dish. Difficulty-Easy Preparation Time-15 mins…
- This is a brilliant dish to use your left over bread and it will make a tasty breakfast. Difficulty-Easy Preparation Time-25 min Cooking Time 25-30 min Serves-2-3 Ingredients Bread--8 slice Semolina-1/2 cup Beaten Yoghurt- 2-3 tspn Rice Flour-2 tsp Oil- 2 tbsp Mustard Seeds-1 tsp Onion- 1 medium Ginger chopped-1/2…
- Introduction This cake is simply delicious and just melt in mouth .Filled with fresh strawberry's it make it very moist .Try it now!! Difficulty-Medium Preparation Time-20 min Serves-8 cooking Time-25-30 min Ingredients Self Raising Flour-1 cup salt-1/4 tsp Baking powder-1 1/4 tsp…
- Introduction papad crunch from outside and succulent from inside makes this recipe very different and exciting.Try it yourself Difficulty-Easy Preparation time-10 min Serves-8 Ingredients Papad-3 cup Paneer-2 cup Red chilli powder-1 tsp Coriander leaves chopped-2 tbsp Mint leaves chopped-2 tbsp Chaat masala- 2tsp Salt to taste Refined Flour…