Cake is one of most loved dessert’s to have.It is very easy to make a basic sponge.There are many of recipes which use yoghurt but I prefer using condensed milk to substitute egg.The following recipe is one of my favourite for a eggless cake .This cake is little dense in colour but a good sponge.
- Preparation Time-10 mins
- Cooking time -20-25 mins
Self Raising Flour-140 gms
Condensed Milk-200 ml
Baking powder-1 tsp
Bicarbonate Soda-1/2 tsp
Butter-60 ml melted
Vanilla Essence-1 tsp
Water-75 ml(normal temp)
Preheat oven at 200°C(Fan setting).Line a 7 Inch sandwich cake tin with baking paper
In a bowl sieve together flour,baking powder and bicarbonate soda.
In another bowl add condensed milk,melted butter and vanilla essence together and beat well.Add the flour mixture to and water and mix.
Pour the mixture in prepared cake tin and bake in oven at 200°C (Fan) and bake for 10 mins then reduce the temperature to 150°C and bake further for 10 mins.
Cake is done when it feels springy to touch
Tip-Beating the batter lightly always makes cake light and airy
Keep an eye on the cake as oven temperatures vary.
You May Also Like...
- Information This gorgeous and moist Chocolate Cake can be the base for many dessert.Get baking!! Difficulty-Easy Preparation Time-10 min Cooking time-50-55 mins serves -6-8 Ingredients Butter-85 gms Golden Syrup-2 Tbsp Vanilla Extract-1 Tbsp Self Raising Flour-300 gms Caster Sugar-100 gms Cocoa Powder-25 gms Bicarbonate of Soda-1 Tsp Method Pre…
- This no bake Egg less Rich chocolate brownie sinfully delicious and very easy to make Tea Time/Dessert. Serve it with a dollop of Ice cream. Difficulty-Easy Preparation time-10 Min Cooking Time-4 Min Serves-4 Ingredients All Purpose Flour or Plain Flour- 1/2 cup(125 gms) Walnuts (chopped)-1/4 cup Sour Yoghurt- 2 Tbsp(…
- Here comes a cake baked with paneer (cottage cheese/full flat cheese) and orange. The citrus taste make this cake different and the non paneer lovers will also enjoy. Ingredients Paneer/cottagecheese-200 gms (Grated) Orange Juice-3/4 cup Sugar-240 gms Baking Powder-2 Tsp Vanilla Essence -1Tsp Refined Flour(maida)-200 gms Eggs-3 Salt-1/2 Tsp Lemon…
- Introduction This cake is simply delicious and just melt in mouth .Filled with fresh strawberry's it make it very moist .Try it now!! Difficulty-Medium Preparation Time-20 min Serves-8 cooking Time-25-30 min Ingredients Self Raising Flour-1 cup salt-1/4 tsp Baking powder-1 1/4 tsp…
- For all the coffee lovers,this buttery yet very light sponge cake with rich coffee taste and walnuts is a must try . Difficulty-Medium Preparation-10 mins Cooking Time-20 -25 mins Serves -6 Ingredients For Sponge Self Raising Flour-175 gms Butter Softened-175 gms Eggs-3 Caster Suger-175 gms Baking Powder-1/2 tsp Instant Coffee…