This is a perfect starter for any party. Savoury taste from yoghurt and crunchiness from cheese makes these kebabs absolute delight.Serve with basil dip.
Preparation time-20 min
Greek Yoghurt-220 gms
Grated cheddar cheese-30 gms
Finely chopped onion-1/2 (medium)
White bread slice-2 (crumbed)
Gram Flour(Besan)- 40 gms
Garlic clove- 3 (grated)
Ginger Grated-10 gms (2 tsp)
Green chilli-1 chopped
Coriander- 1 ½ Tbsp(20 gms)
Garam Masala-3/4 tsp
Roasted cumin powder-1/2 Tsp
Salt to taste
Drain out all water from yoghurt by tying in a muslin cloth (put some weight on top of the cloth it will take couple of hours to drain all water).
In a pan roast the gram flour on low heat until golden in colour.It will take around 4-5 mins, dish it out in a separate bowl.
Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan add chopped onion and cook until softened. Now add grated ginger and garlic and cook for about 30 seconds. Add garam masala,roasted cumin powder and take off heat.
Dish out the onion mixture in a bowl and add gram flour,yoghurt,cheese,3/4 of breadcrumbs,coriander,chillies,black pepper. Combine all and add salt to taste.
It should be a creamy but firm mixture. If not then add the rest of breadcrumbs.
Heat the remaining oil in a pan (about 6 tbsp). Make balls of mixture and flatten it to give it a kebab shape.
Cook on medium to low flame. Serve with basil dip (you can the find the recipe of basil dip on my website).
You May Also Like...
- Basil dip is not as popular as the mint dip but this fresh and tangy dip makes a delicious accompaniment to the kebab and fritters. Difficulty-Easy Preparation Time-5 Mins Serves-3 Ingredients Basil leaves -80 gms(no stem) Lemon Juice -1 Tbsp Garlic clove(small) -1 and 1/2 Salt -To taste Pistachios -15…
- It is a famous dish from Rajasthan (India). Soft gram flour dumplings in rich yoghurt gravy. Difficulty -Medium Preparation Time-20 mins Cooking Time-40 mins Serves-4-5 Ingredients Gram Flour (besan)-2 cups Yoghurt- 2 cups Tomato Puree-1 cup Ginger-1/2 inch piece Green chilli(grated)-1 no Salt-To taste Soda Bicarb-1/4 tsp Oil-3 Tbsp Cumin-1…
- This is a brilliant dish to use your left over bread and it will make a tasty breakfast. Difficulty-Easy Preparation Time-25 min Cooking Time 25-30 min Serves-2-3 Ingredients Bread--8 slice Semolina-1/2 cup Beaten Yoghurt- 2-3 tspn Rice Flour-2 tsp Oil- 2 tbsp Mustard Seeds-1 tsp Onion- 1 medium Ginger chopped-1/2…
- Introduction This finger licking recipe from our very own Punjab is fairly easy to make and has been appreciated a lot.In my initial days of exploring recipes to cook i stumbled across this recipe and just fell in love with Difficulty-Medium…
- Crispy from outside and just melt in mouth when you bite into. very healthy snack made from spinach ,lentils and peas. Difficulty-medium Preparation Time--15 mins Soaking Time-1 hr Cooking TIme-20-25 mins Ingredients Blanched Spinach- 1 cup Chana Dal-1/4 cup Boiled Green Peas-1/2 cup Grated Paneer -1/2 cup Oil-To deep…