Custard caramel is light and fluffy dessert with a layer of caramel on top and flan made with eggs , milk and sugar . Its kind off any time comforting dessert, try it now.
Cooking Time- 30-35 min
Sugar – 1/4 cup or 60 ml
Vanilla Essence – 2 tsp
Milk – 2 cups or 500 ml
Eggs – 3 lightly beaten
Sugar – 1/2 cup or 125 ml
Water – 2 tbsp
Method For Caramel
Place a heavy bottom pan on medium to low heat add sugar and water , Stir it till sugar is dissolved .
Once sugar is dissolved increase the flame a little bit and let the sugar bubble. DO NOT stir during this stage and let it cook till the desired
caramelisation takes place. Take a ramekin and pour the caramel to the base and let it cool a bit
Method For Flan :
Preheat oven at 180 deg (fan forced) . Take a rectangular 3 inch deep dish and fill it half full with simmering water ( you can keep the dish whilst oven is getting preheated)
In a heavy based pan boil milk and cool it down a little bit . Now add sugar and vanilla essence to hot milk and stir till sugar is dissolved .
Add beaten eggs to the milk mixture and pour in to the prepared ramekin with caramel. Place the ramekin to the baking dish and cook for 30- 35 mins or until cooked ( you can check it by inserting a tooth pick and it has to come out clean)
You May Also Like...
- Introduction This Yummy melt in mouth khus khus (Poppy seed ) Burfi is a sweet one can have anytime .This is my mum's recipe and I just love it!! Difficulty-Easy Preparation Time-4-5 hrs(soaking) Serves-10 Cooking Time- 60-80 mins Ingredients Poppy seeds(khus Khus)-100 gms Milk-2 ltr sugar-10-15 tsp Ghee(clarified…
- It is a quick and simple recipe made with milk powder and chocolate . Difficulty-Easy Preparation Time-5 min Cooking time-8-10 min Serves-10 Ingredients Milk Powder- 4 cup Milk-1/2 cup Sugar- 1 cup Cooking Chocolate-300 gms Cardamom powder-1 tsp Ghee- 1 tbsp. Saffron-Few strands Water- 3/4 cup Method In a pan mix…
- It is a very popular Indian dessert. It is a quick and simple recipe made with paneer and milk powder. Difficulty-Easy Preparation Time-5 min Cooking time-8-10 min Serves-20 Ingredients Grated Paneer (Indian cottage cheese)- 280 gms Milk Powder-1 cup or 250 gms Sugar-1/2 cup Milk (full fat)- 1/2 cup Ghee…
- This classic Indian sweet is one of the favourite on festive occasion. This easy to make recipe has few ingredients and tastes delicious. Difficulty-Easy Prep Time-5 Min Cooking Time-20 min Serves- 10 pieces Ingredients Milk powder- 1 cup Double cream-1/2 cup Sugar --65 gms (slightly powdered) Saffron-pinch Milk-1 tbsp. Cardamom-1/2…
- Cake is one of most loved dessert's to have.It is very easy to make a basic sponge.There are many of recipes which use yoghurt but I prefer using condensed milk to substitute egg.The following recipe is one of my favourite for a eggless cake .This cake is little dense in…