Coconut chutney comes from south India where as green and sweet chutneys come from north.It is a great accompaniment with fried snacks like vada, as well as with steamed delicacies like idli, dosa and upma.It is very quick and easy recipe.
Preparation Time: 10 min
Fresh Coconut: 1 cup (grated or chopped)
Roasted Channa dal (dariya): 3 tbsp
Ginger: 1 inch
Green chillies: 2-3
Salt as per taste
Asafoetida: a pinch
Dry red chilli: 2
Curry leaves: 10
Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
Moong dal: 1/2 tsp
Oil: 1 tbsp
Combine the coconut, roasted chana dal, ginger,green chillies, salt and a little water and blend in a mixer till smooth.
Transfer the chutney into a bowl and keep aside.
Heat the oil in a small non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds and moong dal.
When the mustard seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, red chillies, curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds
Pour this tempering over the coconut chutney and mix well.
Tip:You can use fresh frozen coconut to save time.To make it little tangy add 1 tsp of tamarind juice to the chutney
You May Also Like...
- Sweet , spicy,nutty tangy flavoured onion and tomato chutney can be best accompaniment to south Indian breakfast. Difficulty-easy Preparation Time-5 min Cooking Time-15 min Serves- 3-4 Ingredients Onion- 1 med Tomatoes-3 med Channa Dal- 1 Tbsp Urid Dal- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds-1/2 tsp Garlic cloves- 3 Lemon Juice-1/2 lemon(as per…
- Dosa Recipe Information This is one of my all time favourite dish to eat Dosa for breakfast or snack or dinner!! it is a typical south Indian staple food and is very popular all over the world. These are savoury pancake made from rice and lentils and tastes more…
- This Apple chutney is sweet, tangy with a little heat. Its perfect accompaniment for any snack or just top it on a slice of bread. Its the best way to use your left over apples. Difficulty- Easy Preparation Time-5 min Cooking Time- 5-10 min Serves-4 Ingredients Green Apples- 2 Cumin…
- This is a brilliant dish to use your left over bread and it will make a tasty breakfast. Difficulty-Easy Preparation Time-25 min Cooking Time 25-30 min Serves-2-3 Ingredients Bread--8 slice Semolina-1/2 cup Beaten Yoghurt- 2-3 tspn Rice Flour-2 tsp Oil- 2 tbsp Mustard Seeds-1 tsp Onion- 1 medium Ginger chopped-1/2…
- Simple and tasty chana dal with palak is perfect for kids its healthy and nutritious . Difficulty-Easy Preparation Time -15 min+ soaking time of 1 hr Cooking Time-40 mins Serves-6 Ingredients Chana Dal-200 gms Spinach/Palak-200 gms Butter -1 tbsp Oil-2 tbsp Ginger-2 tsp Garlic-2 tsp Onion Medium-1 Tomato Medium-…